Sponsored

Emotional Neymar makes Brazil return: 'It was a struggle to get back'

Neymar made an emotional return for Brazil in their 3-0 victory over Scotland on Wednesday.




The 34-year-old last featured for Brazil in October 2023 but was a surprise inclusion in their World Cup squad before missing the opening two games through injury.

However, he came off the bench after 76 minutes against Scotland for his 129th appearance, and he was visibly emotional. Speaking after the game, Neymar said, "It feels wonderful to be back.

"I'm really happy and pleased, moved actually.

"When the final whistle blew, I found myself looking at my family. Everyone knows it was a struggle. They followed it closely, and our aim was to be here with the national team.

"It was to be playing in another World Cup, and I managed to achieve it.

"I'd like to thank everyone who supported us. I'd like to thank the fans at the stadium who chanted my name today.

"It's a completely different feeling, but it is lovely to live it."

Post a Comment

0 Comments